Chung Ju-Yung founded the Hyundai Engineering and Construction Company in 1947. Hyundai Motor Company was later established in 1967, and the company’s first model, the Cortina, was released in cooperation with Ford Motor Company in 1968. When Hyundai wanted to develop their own car, they hired five top British car engineers. In 1975, the Pony, the first South Korean car, was released, with styling by Giorgio of Ital Design and power-train technology provided by Japan’s Mitsubishi Motors. Exports began in the following year to Ecuador and soon thereafter to the Benelux countries. its entered the British market in 1982, selling 2993 cars in their first year there.
- Hyundai motors India ltd
- Some interesting facts about Hyundai motor company
- Most selling car in India
- Hyundai Logo means
- Electric and Hybrid vehicles
- Some popular car models
- Concept Car Models
Hyundai motors India
Hyundai Motor India Limited –Manufactures of Hyundai cars in India. It is a fully-owned subsidiary of the South Korean automobile manufacturing giant, Hyundai Motor Company. Hyundai Motors entered India for the first time in 1996 with the launching of its plant at Irungattukottai in Tamil Nadu on 06 May 1996. At that time, the Hyundai was an unknown entity in India. Maruti, Hindustan, Premier, Tata and Mahindra were the only Indian automobile manufacturers at that time.
Some interesting facts about Hyundai motor company
- The Santro Xing is the most famous model that ruled the Indian roads for a long time. Hyundai discontinued the production of the Santro Xing in 2014. However, the company has come up with a revised version of the Santro in 2018.
- In 1984, Hyundai began exporting the Pony to Canada, but not to the United States, as the Pony would not pass emissions standards there
- Chung Ju Yung transferred leadership of Hyundai Motor to his son, Chung Mong Koo, in 1999. Hyundai’s parent company, Hyundai Motor Group
- In 2004, Hyundai was ranked second in “initial quality” in a survey/study by J.D. Power and Associates. Hyundai is now one of the top 100 most valuable brands worldwide. Since 2002, Hyundai has also been one of the worldwide official sponsors of the FIFA World Cup.
- In 1998, after a shake-up in the South Korean auto industry caused by overambitious expansion and the Asian financial crisis, Hyundai acquired the majority of rival Kia Motors. Hyundai owns 33.88% of Kia.
- Hyundai’s current design philosophy is known as Fluidic Sculpture, which is heavily inspired by nature.
Most selling car in India
Hyundai Logo means
Hyundai logo was initially confused with Honda logo, however, as the Korean company emerged as a major automotive power, people got used to its emblem. Basically, the H letter, in the Hyundai logo, is tilted to the right and gives fluid and smooth impression, its design gives a friendly and attractive image of the brand. Hyundai is a young manufacturer by the automotive industry standards, but its logo has already become recognisable all over the world as the Korean car company managed to emerge as one of the leaders on the global market.
Electric and Hybrid vehicles
The first pure electric car developed by Hyundai was the Sonata Electric Vehicle in 1991. The car started as a Sonata sedan-based model. Hyundai later produced electric vehicles utilising the Excel, Grace, Accent, Atos and Kia Sportage platforms.
Some popular car models
- Hyundai Pony
- Santa Fe
- Hyundai Creta
- Hyundai Eon
- Genesis Coupe
- Hyundai Grand i10
- Hyundai Atos