Headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
Mahindra & Mahindra Limited is an Indian multinational car manufacturing corporation. It was established in 1945 as Muhammad & Mahindra and later renamed as Mahindra and Mahindra . Mahindra and Mahindra is a part of the Mahindra Group Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. is one of the biggest company, which mainly work in the manufacturing of automotive vehicles. It operates through the following segments: Automotive, Farm Equipment, and Others. The Automotive segment comprises of sale of automobiles, spare parts, and related services. The Farm Equipment segment involves in the sale of tractor and spare parts. The Others segment includes agriculture construction equipment and spares business unit.
Mahindra & Mahindra was founded as a steel trading company on October 2, 1945 in Ludhiana as Mahindra & Muhammed by brothers Harikrishnan and Jayakrishnan and Jagdish Chandra Mahindra along with Malik Ghulam Muhammad. Anand Mahindra, the present Chairman of Mahindra Group, is the grandson of Jagdish Chandra Mahindra.
A federation of companies, bound by one purpose – to Rise. Inspired by this spirit, our legacy and values.
- What does Mahindra and Mahindra do?
- Achievement of Mahindra and Mahindra
- When and why change the company name?
- What is means Mahindra Logo?
- Which is the most expensive car of Mahindra?
- Which is the cheapest car of Mahindra?
- List of all car models
What does Mahindra and Mahindra do?
Mahindra & Mahindra, brands its products as “Mahindra”, produces SUVs, saloon cars, pickups, lightweight commercial vehicles, heavyweight commercial vehicles, two wheeled motorcycles and tractors.
Some achievement of Mahindra and Mahindra
- It was ranked 17th on a list of top companies in India by Fortune India 500 in 2018. Its major competitors in the Indian market include Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors.
- M&M also has a controlling stake in the REVA Electric Car Company, and acquired South Korea’s SsangYong Motor Company in 2011.
- In October 2014, Mahindra and Mahindra acquired a 51% controlling stake in Peugeot Motorcycles and acquired a 100% controlling stake in October 2019.
- In December 2015, Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd and affiliate Tech Mahindra Ltd, through a special purpose vehicle (SPV).
- Mahindra began manufacturing tractors for the Indian market during the early ’60s. It is the top tractor company in the world (by volume) with annual sales totalling more than 200,000 tractors.
- Mahindra tractors are available in 40 countries, including India.
When and why change the company name?
After India gained independence and Pakistan was formed, Muhammad emigrated to Pakistan. Muhammad acquired Pakistani citizenship and settled in Lahore. Thereafter, the company changed its name to Mahindra & Mahindra in 1948.
What is means Mahindra Logo?
Mahindra logo in its “M” identity represents three equal divisions pointing The Mahindra is a Hindu name means king or God or great Indra of the Earth. The emblem of Mahindra & Mahindra was changed in 2000, and these changes were associated with the successful entry of the Mahindra Scorpio into the market. At first, the car was presented as a concept, and since 2002, it went to the series.
Which is the most expensive car of Mahindra?
The most expensive car in Mahindra’s line-up is the Alturas G4, priced at Rs. 31.69 Lakh for its top variant. In total, Mahindra has 13 models on sale in India. The Mahindra Scorpio, Mahindra Bolero, Mahindra Thar are amongst the most popular cars in their respective segments.
Which is the cheapest car of Mahindra?
The lowest-priced model of Mahindra is the KUV100 NXT.With Ex-Showroom Price of Rs.5,90,798.